50 things to do by the time I’m 50
Some will have seen this posted b4 but I decided to add it as a page so that it is easier to find.
ok so this is blatantly ripped off from Pam but you know I think she will forgive me for being inspired by her list to make my own (she may also be jealous that I have more time to achieve the things on my list lol)!
So here it is my list. This also came about as I half listened to something on TV – the woman was saying that you have assets and liabilities and that your aim in life was to have more assets than liabilities. I object to that so strongly. Yes money is nice and certainly necessary for many things on my list – but not all of them by a long shot! Our aim in life shouldn’t be to make the most money surely there are better things to aim for.
so here it is – nothing too ‘out there’ I don’t think….
50 things to do before I’m 50!
Finish my new kitchen OR move house Get rid of the wall of mirror tiles in the bathroom OR move house
- See Tasmania
- Take the boys camping
- See a live musical (eg phantom etc)
Get my back yard under control De-clutter my scrapbook room and get rid of the stuff I’m never going to use.
- Paint my bedroom and get it all cleared out and looking nice including adequate storage for my stuff!
- Take a photo each day (as least one) for 3 months.
- Have a professional relaxation massage – the idea actually sounds nice but really scares the crap out of me – it’s a personal space/someone seeing all of my flab thing.
- Update my blog daily for at least a month
- Go for a ride in a hot air balloon
Teach the boys to play uno
- Have a whole entire week with the TV turned OFF – not just me not watching but the kids etc too.
- Take the kids the long way to Adelaide and stop at Beachport for a walk along the jetty.
- See Darwin
- See Perth
- Do the Otway Fly Tree Top Walk
- Plant a herb garden.
- Get up to Townsville to visit Tam
- Remember all the family birthdays and have cards and presents arrive ON TIME for an entire year.
- Walk to school and kinder every day for a fortnight and be on time. I simply shouldn’t be driving these short trips!
- Go to the supermarket only once for an entire fortnight – no cheating and ducking to the corner store/milk bar/bakery/butcher etc either – one trip all the food if I forgot something then do without.
- Take the boys to the beach
- Learn to swim properly.
- Learn sign language
- Cook a proper healthy dinner every night for a week – no quick sausages in bread or take away allowed.
- go a full week without coke zero
- Scrapbook at LEAST once a fortnight for at least 6 months.
Pay off my credit cards entirely
- Ride my bike at least once a month for 6 months instead of letting it accumulate spider webs in the shed.
- Take the boys to the miniature railway in Altona.
Get new lounge room furniture including room for lots of books and dvds to be easily found.
- Keep the lounge room clean and tidy for a whole MONTH.
Have the back verandah repaired or MOVE.
- Read the ‘house of seven gables’ – I got it in year 9 as a school award and have not yet been able to get through it.
- Go to the gold coast and ‘do’ the theme parks
- Lose enough weight that I can do #1.
Allow the boys to ‘help’ me cook without loosing my patience at least once a week for a whole month.
- Hand make Christmas cards and get them out to everyone on time.
- Take the boys to carols by candlelight
- Have dinner at Melba brasserie without the kids!
- Go for an overseas holiday – Scotland looks good.
- Pack some clothes and just drive – figure out where we are going as we go – go where the road takes us…just for the weekend (or longer).
- Do the Hollybanks Treetop Adventure in Tassmania
- Decorate the whole room for Christmas not just the tree – we used to have streamers and tinsel but it hasn’t happened for a long time.
- Turn the TV off and play board games for a whole weekend with no guilt snack food and easy or take away meals – preferably in PJs!
Take the kids to the childrens’ garden at the botanic gardens in Melbourne.
- Take the kids on the dolphin cruise Sue found in Adelaide.